Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 7: Favourite Couple



I very nearly went for Roxas and Namine from Kingdom Hearts 2, as a brilliant example of star-crossed lovers with some quite moving cutscenes. However, ultimately, I went with the couple that I care about the most, even if they never were an official couple (though I am convinced that they would have been had the game been aimed at an older audience).

Lucca and Robo from Chrono Trigger are fantastic together. From the moment this tech-savvy girl encounters and repairs this robot in the future, a bond is created that quite literally transcends time. Lucca opens Robo to a world where he does not have to mindlessly follow orders, and Robo becomes Lucca's constant companion, always there for her when she is upset, and constantly proving himself more thoughtful and caring than you would believe a robot could be.  

I won't go into details to avoid spoilers, but these two are more dedicated to each other than the game's romantic leads, and get longer, more intimate cutscenes, so I'm giving them the top spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment