Thursday, September 29, 2011

30 DODND Day 14: Favourite NPC

           
         His name was Deceito, and I hated him.  Yes, the clue was in the name, but I just heard Desuto and thought nothing of it.  He was supposedly an old school friend of my wizard Kuraileon.  His favourite 4th ed. ritual?  Explosive Runes.  He managed to get me with that spell a good 3 or 4 times within a single session.  He infuriated me, but I managed to get the ritual out of him, which was useful.  But he provided a lot of fun for the party.
            I think the most interesting thing about Deceito was that he wasn’t a villain, nor was he an ally.  He was just a random prankster who had decided to make my life a pain.  It’s difficult to know how to handle an NPC like that.  Villains are to be punished, but old friends who are just having a laugh by repeatedly using Explosive Runes on you?  What’s the protocol?  It was just fun to have a character who had really very little to do with any plot or side quest.  He was just a pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment