Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 2: My Favourite Character



I'm sure I have a character somewhere that I like better, but going through it all, I can't think of one. Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande was a character that I would be willing to play through Neverwinter Nights over and over again, just to see her story unfold.  *SPOILER*She was the story of a paladin being betrayed by the town she had sworn to protect and slowly being manipulated towards becoming a blackguard, and (in the expansion pack) the ultimately gaining the potential for redemption.*END SPOILER* I enjoy watching it unfold every time.

*Adding on as I repost this* I just restarted NVN after a long absence from the game and meeting Aribeth again was almost an electric thrill.  Seeing the set-up for such a tragic series of events, and knowing that you are powerless to stop them from unfolding once again, makes the game much more poignant.  Her clear, strong voice as she explains the situation in the city to you tells you volumes about the personality behind the voice and how she will react to the following weeks.  She's just fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very glad you're blogging. I had forgotten how much I enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete