Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 22: A Game Sequel Which Disappointed You



I've put Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days here as an example of this, but I have a number of games in this category. The game sequels which always disappoint me the most are the sequels which are made on a different platform from the original.

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts moved from Nintendo to Microsoft. Kingdom Hearts moved from the consoles to only the handheld devices like the DS and the PSP. I think even Baldur's Gate II: Dark Alliance moved from Nintendo to Sony if I remember correctly.

Whenever a game sequel moves to a different company or platform it frustrates me no end. How can I continue with the story? The trailer at the end of Kingdom Hearts II for the next game is AMAZING, and is one of the cooler game trailers I've seen, even if its very short and simple. Yet can I get the game? No. It's on the PSP. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I understand that its generally to do with the companies, not out of an attempt to crush my soul. But they succeed at that anyway. Grr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment